Laboratory for Design of Heat Treatment Control Systems and Equipment
- Carburising and carbonitriding in controlled atmospheres.
- Steel quenching and selection of quenching media.
- Tests of quenchant properties.
- Selection and application of controlled atmospheres in heat treatment of metals.
- Development of methods for non-destructive testing of materials and structures (primarily using eddy currents).
- Implementation of atmosphere thermo-chemical treatment.
- Atmosphere heat treatment of tools (elimination of quenching salt).
- Issues relating to structural steel and tool steel quenching, including quenchant selection.
- Production of non-standard heat treatment equipment: furnaces, testers, indicators.
- Production of instrumentation and probes for eddy-current testing.
- Computer control and visualisation systems for industrial equipment designed for heat treatment of metals.
Expertises and studies:
- Improvement of heat treatment efficiency.
- Causes and prevention of heat treatment defects.
- Problems with measurement and control of heat treatment parameters.
- Improvement of metal heat treatment equipment.
- Eddy-current testing.
- Implementation of technologies, equipment and instrumentation produced by the Department.
- Preparation of assessments of the advancement and innovation of technologies and equipment and designs for improvement of heat treatment departments with respect to requirements of the quality system.
‒ atmospheric furnaces for heat treatment and thermo-chemical treatment;
– custom process equipment and instrumentation (upon request);
– control and visualisation systems for industrial equipment designed for the heat treatment of metals;
– electronic condensation hygrometers;
– portable quenchant testers for industrial applications;
– instrumentation and sensors for non-destructive eddy-current testing.
Manager of Laboratory for Design of Heat Treatment Control Systems and Equipment
M.Eng. Sylwester Jończyk
tel.: (22) 56 02 695